[Organizers] Lower attendance at dances

Laur via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Dec 6 20:32:23 PST 2016

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } This - politicized - sentiment is NOT an issue in MI. Or in in any area I've danced in. Including Columbus. It seems to be centered... and maybe self centered.  All but one of the national callers I've danced to have not addressed it and in fact have discounted it.
In MI we are experiencing a decline. In all communities. Some to their detriment. Dances in the areas have gone to one from two dances per month. And barely surviving. Thriving communities are now in the black.
All thIs has nothing to do with the political issue you mention. I'd bet no one but me and two others even heard about it. Or care. Or would care.
Is it economics? Some. I know this is an ebb and flow connection. Maybe we are in the low. We have to see what trends moved the mid to high in the past and follow - follow .. and times are achanging - so we need to change our promotion techniques.
In my personal experience over near 18 years, the main driver is person to person advocation. Then it's extension to that extension from them. What I find now is that connection dead ends. Before it branched out to a group of others that were connected to the person,

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad