[Organizers] Lower attendance this year?

Chrissy Fowler via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Dec 6 07:46:55 PST 2016

Interesting data so far!  Are there dances out there that have seen an INCREASE in average attendance in the last year?

Besides asking for help from the "converted", perhaps we need to increase our reach to the non-dancer community to boost the pool of potential attendees for a given dance. (Meaning, somehow become more visible to the majority of people in our geographic area - the non-dancers - so that we get our message out to those non-dancers who would want to come to our dance if they only knew about it.)

In Belfast, we've got a major component for outreach to youth (schools, youth programming) but we could do more to raise the visibility of both our series and our organization.

Any brainstorms for potential efforts to support sustainability?

Cheers,
Chrissy Fowler
Belfast, ME