[Organizers] Non-clique members in sensitive board positions.

Joe Kwiatkowski via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Apr 26 14:08:36 PDT 2016

It's annual election time, and a new dancer is answering the call to
help the organization.

The individual in question is someone known to a Board member and has
"has served with other groups as funds manager/ treasurer type
positions".  Using her talents, she has volunteered to lend them to the
organization as Treasurer.

This has sparked a battle among (1) we need to amend the by-laws so this
can't happen, (2) we need to mentor new people into leadership, (3) we
need to just vote at the general election and see what happens.

A supporter of (1) claims that "that's what other clubs do".

So without asking for the entire contra nation to take sides, let me ask
you organizers: what would your club do/what does your club do to
contend with or avoid situations such as this?

Joe Kwiatkowski