[Organizers] Dipping and aerials

JD Erskine via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 4 22:58:48 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-04 2000, Orin Nisenson via Organizers wrote:
> At a recent Friends of Greenfield Dance board meeting the topic of
> dipping and aerials came up.
>
> Have other organizers had problems with these dance moves and how have
> you handled them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Orin

We don't in Victoria (Vancouver Island, not Vancouver, waay over
"there"), in Contra, rambunctious English, trad. squares, or Ceilidh
(Scots, English), etc.

I've seen most mentions of aerials in English Ceilidh (eCeilidh), in
England. Nothing recently mentioned on the main lists for that, however
a great number of dance series seemingly either don't allow them, don't
encourage them, or have the caller issue appropriate cautions (for the
legs flying out of a basket swing, which seems to be the most common
form of aerials.)

I've not seen, or heard of dipping issues, policies or controls over
different dance forms in any of the locations I attend or read of. Or I
may have missed them.

eCeilidh list
http://www.netservs.com/ec/faq.htm

All Ceilidh