[Organizers] "Notice of Nonrenewal" of group's general liability insurance

David Fenwick via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Oct 2 06:54:27 PDT 2015

Orange Blossom Ball joined NFO 3 years ago with the intent of utilizing
their insurance for our Dance weekend.   After about 12 attempts of trying
to contact NFO regarding their insurance over 3-4 months I gave up, didn't
stop them from asking for our membership renewal..still no answer when I
inquired six months later.

We now get coverage from CDSS...

david  head orange

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 4:10 PM, David Chandler via Organizers <
organizers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

> CDSS is probably your best bet. I believe they work with Philadelphia
> Insurance, and possibly a different broker could obtain a lower price
> (though CDSS staff know what is important to dance organizations so what
> they offer is more likely to be appropriate for you). State organizations
> for nonprofits may have helpful resources. Connecticut's lists endorsed
> services, including insurance, at: http://www.ctnonprofits.org/endorsed But
> you would probably have to join the nonprofit association as well, which
> reduces any discounts you might get. The Nonprofits Insurance Alliance
> Group and its affiliate, Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, are an
> option:
> https://insurancefornonprofits.org/about/the-nonprofits-insurance-alliance-group/
> More expensive than CDSS's, but they offer webinars on insurance and
> governance issues, and are generally helpful.
>
> David
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Rob Lindauer via Organizers <
> organizers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
>
>> Hartford Community Dance's insurance carrier (Markel Insurance) just
>> notified us that they will not renew when our current policy expires Dec
>> 1.  Apparently their underwriting guidelines have changed, and we no longer
>> meet their guidelines.
>>
>> I'd appreciate suggestions on carriers.  I think CDSS offers access to
>> liability insurance; I'll be talking to them shortly.  Are there other
>> carriers dance groups (probably I should stick to US groups) have used with
>> good experience?
>>
>> Thanks, Rob L
>> --
>> Rob Lindauer

David Fenwick

*Atlantic Property Management*
Economic professional management         *Orange Blossom Contra Ball* Jan
15-17  2016
   954-918-5884                                               Experienced
Dancer Weekend

 Daytona Beach, FL

www.orangeblossomcontra.com