[Organizers] Dance organizers - anyone have talent sit in with visiting bands?

Shelley via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Apr 9 19:55:29 PDT 2015

Hello,
We recently had some local musicians sit in for a couple of songs with our hired band at a dance weekend.  The musicians organized among themselves and made arrangements with the sound technician - it was a complete surprise to me!   One of the musicians was an old friend of the band and the other is a young fiddle prodigy that lives here locally.  As a part of the dance weekend we had organized a musician's workshop and that's when the fiddle player in the band and the young fiddler "found each other" and the rest was history.
Perhaps a musicians workshop - especially early in the event - would facilitate the groups working together on stage and help them build some trust and familiarity with each other.
I realize this doesn't answer Emily's question exactly but I wanted to share how it sometimes just happens spontaneously.
- Shelley BottsColumbia Missouri