[Musicians] communicating with pianist

Meg Dedolph meg.dedolph at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:25:32 PDT 2018

We deal with this a lot in our band, though we rarely have an upright piano
available to us on stage and use a keyboard. I guess the first thing you
could try is rearranging the ensemble so the piano player is in a position
to see you better, even if it's by looking to one side. Could you stand
while you play so you're visible over the top of the piano? Yelling works
in a pinch. What does the piano player say would help in this situation?
Good luck!
Meg