[Musicians] Shared weight musicians... some organizer resources

Emily Addison emilyladdison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:37:04 PDT 2018

Hello fellow Shared Weight musicians,

The info below is primarily for organizers but I wanted to share it with
you as well given that many of you are organizers and/or you are also
connected to so many organizers.

[[[Note --> The Web Chat mentioned below is about OPEN DANCE BANDS!]]]

CDSS has just made a number of exciting announcements regarding new
resources that will support local organizers of traditional dance music and
song. If you are willing, please share this info with local organizers in
your network.  We'd like to let as many people know about these resources
as possible and word-of-mouth is so powerful in the trad dance, music, and
song world.

   - *US organizers survey report out now! *CDSS has just released a report
   outlining the results the US organizers survey conducted this past spring.
   Here's the link:  https://www.cdss.org/community/us-organizers-survey

   - *New  e-blast for traditional dance music and song organizers:  *The
   goal of this free quarterly e-blast is to support, inspire, and connect
   organizers.
   Check out the first Shop Talk e-blast here:  https://conta.cc/2PlKAEr
   You can sign up to receive the e-blast at the bottom of the first Shop
   Talk.

- *Online Organizer Resources Portal:* This is a very exciting initiative
   that will hopefully add to the set of tools available to us all. The goal
   of the Portal is to hold as many of the best resources as can be found
   which will support local traditional dance, music, and song organizers in
   their planning and decision making.  For instance, visit this link to see
   specific resources organized by  topic:
   https://www.cdss.org/resources/how-to/organizers-resources#resources-by-topic
   BTW - As one of the individuals working on the Portal, I know that the
   resource collection will only be as good as the resources it holds.  ANNNND
   I alos know that local organizers have so many of the best practices and
   ideas already figured out.  Thus, CDSS will be reaching out to local
   organizers over the next number of months to collect resources that folks
   want to share.  If you're super excited about the initiative and want to
   start sharing your local resources now, you can fill out this easy form:
   https://www.cdss.org/share-your-resource

   - *CDSS's next online web chat - "Creating a Thriving Open Band": *CDSS
   held it's first web chat back in June which had to be capped because of the
   high number of people wanting to register!  The next web chat is September
   20th and is focused on Creating a Thriving Open Band.  More information on
   the workshop and the registration form is located in the e-blast:
   https://conta.cc/2PlKAEr

Note:  I am sending this from my personal email account as I'm yet not
connect to shared weight through my CDSS account.  However, if you'd like
to discuss Shop Talk (the eblast) or the Portal, please email me at
emily at cdss.org.  If you have specific requests or want advice from CDSS,
please contact  Linda Henry at linda at cdss.org.

With thanks!
Emily
Consultant @ CDSS working on organizer supports

PS - I have posted this on the Shared Weight organizers list and I will
also be posting it on the callers list as well as the ECD and Pourparler
lists as I'm guessing there will likely be interest there as well. Thus, if
you're on more than one list, apologies!