[Musicians] Another Chestnut tune question

Erik Hoffman erik at erikhoffman.com
Tue Oct 31 10:57:23 PDT 2017

I love the chestnut dances! At a couple weekend workshops, I've done an Old & New workshop: Dance Petronella, then dance a modern dance with the signature move. Same with Rory O'More. And when I think about it, I think Hull's Victory is a very early, if not the first dance, with the short wavy balances. Lamplighters is an early dance that includes the long wave at the sides. And both of those are chestunts with their own tunes. Next time I'll try to do those all.

I've never played it in D. Have to try it. But I love it in F.

For what it's worth, I've worked on Fisher's in both D and F, though usually play it in D.

~Erik