[Musicians] Music classes at Dance, Music and Spice week, Aug. 13-20

Carol Ormand via Musicians musicians at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jul 17 15:42:28 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,
I am the Program Director for CDSS' Dance, Music, and Spice week, August 13-20, in Michigan. There are two daily classes that would be especially valuable for anyone who plays music for dancing: Dave Langford is leading a daily "tune session," where he will teach tunes but will also shape the class to meet the needs of whoever comes to it, and Karl Colon and Eric Schedler are leading a daily class on playing rhythm for contra dances, open to any musician (any instruments). There is also a daily class period for camper-led activities, which could easily include jamming, and camper musicians will play for one of the evening dances. You can read more about camp here: http://www.cdss.org/programs/dance-music-song-camps/camp-weeks/spice
If you know of people who would be interested, please feel free to pass this info along to them. We have more than 100 people signed up for camp, but there is still room for a few more. Scholarships are available, if the price is beyond your means.
cheers,Carol