[Musicians] Great version of monymusk?

Meg Dedolph via Musicians musicians at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Nov 25 13:11:07 PST 2015

Hi Emily,
The video Max sent is the one I was thinking of too.
I asked my fiddler husband if there was anything especially unusual about
Moneymusk, and he said some of the string crossings are a little tricky and
it's not the most "comfortable" tune to play, especially in the B part. I
think that's a feature of the tune, though. I don't know that a written out
version exists that would be substantially different?
As for making it inspiring, I think that's a matter of what the individual
musicians decide to do with the tune? Maybe listening to a bunch of
versions on YouTube and picking the ones you like best for being
interesting is the way to go. There are plenty of tunes I didn't like when
I heard one version, but loved when I heard another version.
Good luck!
Meg