[Callers] Shared Weight - looking for a web designer

Seth Seeger seth at tofutavern.com
Thu May 16 10:41:19 PDT 2019

Dear Shared Weight callers,

Do you have experience in WordPress design? Do you love Shared Weight? Shared Weight is looking for a volunteer to help us on a well-defined website development task. Essentially, we need someone to create a wordpress site that will serve as a new website for: https://www.sharedweight.net

Here are a few details:

--> There would be a few additional pages to what is on the current site, but as you can see, our needs are relatively basic. (Template/model pages for each of the lists, FAQ for the whole site, etc)

--> The Shared Weight team would like to have some say into the look of the site but we also welcome your ideas.

--> You will not need to be responsible for maintaining the site - simply creating the templates will be a great help! We will provide all the content for the site and can even populate the content once you have created the template if you don’t want to do the initial upload of text.

Please email Emily at emily at cdss.org if you are interested in helping us on this project.

***An exciting heads up about Shared Weight*** The new wordpress site is part of an exciting new initiative for Shared Weight. Seth Seeger and Chris Weiler (Shared Weight founders) have partnered with Ridge Kennedy (Trad Dance caller listserv), Alan Winston (English Country dance listserv), and Weogo Reed (Contra Sound Forum) to collectively update and enhance the lists. All six lists will be hosted on an upgraded Shared Weight software platform with the new website and better mailing list software. We will also be doing lots more promotion of these lists.  Emily (CDSS Consultant) is helping to coordinate some of this work and so am the contact for finding a wordpress volunteer.

Watch for more updates from the Shared Weight team over the next new months!

Seth & Chris