[Callers] Leading a 1 hr contra dance

Casey Carr casey at stmktg.com
Fri Mar 29 07:05:28 PDT 2019

I would also start with a circle - teach giving weight, hand holds, 8
counts.  Might teach La Bastringue (keeping partners and 2 hand turn
instead of swing). I would definitely not teach swings in an hour - no
ladies chains.   Just circles, stars, allemandes, dos si dos.

Depending on the crowd could start with Gallopede or Virginia Reel, then
Family Contra would be perfect and end with another simple contra.

Casey Carr