[Callers] Fan Favorite PROPER Contras?

Luke Donforth luke.donev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:21:41 PST 2019

I'll second Indigo Silk. Not familiar with the second one.

I wrote one a while ago that does use the ubiquitous 1/2 figure 8. But also
borrows from things like David Kaynor's Open Doors

Simply Left in Wisconsin
by Luke Donforth
Contra/Proper/Int

A1 -----------
PROPER
(8) Circle Right 3/4
As couple with same role neighbor
(8) See-Saw opposite role couple

A2 -----------
(16) Partner balance and swing
B1 -----------
(8) Ladies Chain across
(8) Ones half Figure eight up the set
B2 -----------
(8) Long lines, forward and back
(8) Circle Left 1X
turn and face new neighbors

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 5:13 PM QuiAnn2 via Callers <

> I have enjoyed Indigo Silk by Lynn Ackerson and High Voltage Gypsy by John
> Combs as taught by Nils Fredland. And you could always do Rory O’ More! :-)
>

> > On Mar 4, 2019, at 1:50 PM, Don Veino via Callers <
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been assigned the opening slot at this year's 2019 New England Folk
> Festival (NEFFA) for my session:
> >
> > "Keepin' It Proper Contras - It's not all about improper contras! Dances
> from times past to the present set in a proper form."
> >
> > Soooo... what proper dances have you found to be particular favorites
> with dancers and amenable in a large hall "some experience" (non-advanced
> dancer) setting? I'd appreciate your suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Don

Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>