[Callers] New left-hand chain dance (riffing on Star Trek)

Maia McCormick maiamcc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:29:27 PST 2019

I danced Mike Richardson's Star Trek
<https://www.cambridgefolk.org.uk/contra/dances/mike_richardson/star_trek.html>
recently and was super into the "star and single file promenade to the next
star" progression (and also the right-shoulder hey straight into a swing
niggled me just a bit). So, I re-jiggered it. I welcome thoughts, and if it
strikes your fancy, definitely call it and let me know how it goes!

Star Trek: the Next Generation
<http://contra.maiamccormick.com/dances.html#startrekthenextgeneration> (becket
R)
A1: hands-across left-hand star 1x
larks LH chain (to N)
A2: full hey (larks pass L) and ravens ri­co­chet
B1: P walk-around and swing
B2: prom­en­ade across
left-hand star 1x and walk along the set (ravens in the lead) to pro­gress

Be­fore the B2 star, note dir­ec­tion of pro­gres­sion (i.e. to the RIGHT);
dan­cers walk along the set single file in this dir­ec­tion, with larks
following their partner.