[Callers] The Caller's Extension, a browser extension for the Caller's Box

Paul Morris paul at paulwmorris.com
Fri Jul 19 20:45:02 PDT 2019

Greetings all,

I'd like to announce a little project I've been chipping away at for
some months now.  It's a browser extension that works with the excellent
Caller's Box website.[0]

The extension provides an integrated user interface for searching and
viewing dances from the Caller's Box.  The main feature is you can
bookmark dances.  That allows you to focus on a more manageable
personalized subset of dances.  Also, dance data is cached locally for
quick access and offline use.

You can see a screenshot, find out more about it, and install it for
Firefox here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/the-caller-s-extension/

(It should also work for Chrome/Chromium browsers, but I haven't had
time yet to check this and submit it to the Chrome extensions site.)

It is free and open source software.[1]

I hope you'll give it a try and enjoy using it!  Feel free to email me
with feedback.  (There are many ways it could be improved, time permitting.)

Many thanks to Chris Page and Michael Dyck for their work creating and
maintaining The Caller's Box, a truly amazing resource.

Cheers,
-Paul

[0] The Caller's Box: http://www.ibiblio.org/contradance/thecallersbox/
[1] Extension source code lives here, contributions welcome:
https://gitlab.com/paulmorris/the-callers-extension