[Callers] Contra Corners Dance

Grant Goodyear grant at grantgoodyear.org
Wed Jul 10 15:46:22 PDT 2019

My go-to contra corners dance when you have lots of newcomers is Linda
Leslie's Corner Triplet.  Since it's a triplet, it's natural to have three
walk throughs, so everybody gets a chance to do the contra corners figure.
It's a triplet, so you'll probably run through it only 9 times, which
prevents people from getting too discouraged if they have trouble. The
dance is very similar to Chorus Jig, so it's good training for the future.

Corner Triplet (Linda Leslie, 1991)

Proper triplet, ends (2, 3, 1)
A1. (16) 1s dn center, turn alone, ret, cast off
A2. (16) 1s turn contra corners
B1. (16) 1s bal & sw; end facing up
B2. ( 8) 1s up center to top, separate to bottom

( 8) Lines of 3 fwd & bk

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 5:31 PM Rich Sbardella via Callers <

> Friends,
> I have been asked to call a contra dance with contra corners in it.  Can
> anyone suggest an interesting dance that is relatively easy forr a dance
> floor with many newbies?
> Thanks for any ideas,
> Rich
> Stafford, CT