[Callers] new dance

Charles Abell chuckabell at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 11:26:04 PDT 2019

Charles Abell has shared a OneDrive file with you. To view it, click the link below.
<https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6jNEnNjryxgVIVkY-eSWYKRpOk>
[https://r1.res.office365.com/owa/prem/images/dc-mpg_20.png]<https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6jNEnNjryxgVIVkY-eSWYKRpOk>
Poussetranella 2.MOV<https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6jNEnNjryxgVIVkY-eSWYKRpOk>

Here's a new dance I wrote and premiered at our local dance a few weeks ago, to very positive reviews. I'm proud of the dance overall, but particularly with title. If anyone is aware of another dance using this title, please indicate that. It's worth noting that partner contact is a bit limited in this dance, but it feels like a worthwhile trade off given the nice flow of the dance and the long partner swing at the end.

Feedback welcome. (Video attached)

Poussetranella (Becket)                                                    C. Abell 6/19

A1      Ring bal, Petronella 1x (8)

Ring bal, Petronella (take hands with N) (8)*
A2      Half poussette, gents go backwards first (4)

Ladies continue backwards to other side, gents pass right sh (4)**

N swing (8)

B1       Circle left 3/4x, slide left (ladies lead) (8)
(new) Gents dosido 1x (8)

B2       P bal and swing (16)

                                                            w/ same N…

* I suggest the dancers skip the clap on the second Petronella

** Gents pass right sh in the middle - nice flow into the swing