[Callers] Calling a "box circulate"

Jen Morgan jen.carreg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 02:25:44 PST 2019

So something I heard Lisa Heywood do, that worked really well, was to get
everyone to walk single file in a little circle.  Then she added the stops
in the waves for the balances.  She also made it easier on the dancers by
calling a dances with a complete box circulate in ie you went all the way
round and ended up where you started.

I sometimes call it as "rotate" because that's quicker to say than "box
circulate" and makes as much sense.  Some experienced dancers are confused
by this even though I think the terms are meant to be interchangeable, but
I guess it wouldn't matter what you call it if they've never heard of it
before.

Jen

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 at 08:46, Lenore Frigo via Callers <