[Callers] Building to Contra Corners

Alexandra Deis-Lauby adeislauby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:49:06 PST 2019

In my dance community a proper dance won’t help because everyone dances all the roles so training folks to look for certain genders isn’t a good idea (and in my opinion never is). Instead, I’d suggest something with short Allemandes (half, 3/4) or diagonal waves (dr Blums delight).

If the figure is new to your dancers, use a triplet (by David smuckler) or a three facing three (Melanie axel lute wrote one).  Contra corners is much easier in that formation.

Sent from my iPhone