[Callers] joke, and a request

Judy Greenhill judy.m.greenhill53 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:34:52 PDT 2018

What is the difference between a dance caller and a savings bond?

A savings bond eventually matures.and makes money! (said with a grin, of
course!)

On a more serious note, I would like to get my local dance series doing
more-well, actually some!-triple minors. Eventually I'd like to get them to
at least tolerate some of the traditional dances, but the learning curve of
triple minor +plus unfamiliar figures + no swing has always been just too
steep for them to manage. I've gone through Zesty Contras for more modern
triples but so far haven't found one that I think will work-so, what are
your favourite triple minors? What worked-and what didn't-in introducing
them to a crowd used to at least one swing in every dance, and everybody
moving most, if not all of the time?

Can include contra corners as they are pretty proficient-thanks to 3 years
of including it every time I call!

Thanks everyone,

Judy Greenhill

---