[Callers] Easy contras for teens

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Fri Sep 21 12:28:58 PDT 2018

There's *Grease and Glue* by Linda Mrosko:
https://www.mail-archive.com/callers@lists.sharedweight.net/msg10519.html

At Ogontz Family Camp this year (missed you three!) Steve Z-A wanted to
teach Mad Robin to the 11s & 12s but didn't have a dance that was suitable.
We couldn't find one in my deck either, so I wrote this one. It worked out
well but as you know that group may be at a more advanced level than your
average teens:

*Mad for Ogontz - DI - Don Veino 20180808*

A1 Neighbor Gypsy, Swing
A2 Gents Allemande Left 1+1/2x, Partner Swing
B1 Long Lines Forward & Back, Half Hey (Ladies Right start)
B2 Ladies Chain, Mad Robin CCW (Ladies thru center first) to next

I've also been playing recently with some compositions for a younger and/or
more energetic crowd. For instance, I've noted they tend to enjoy Sashays,
so...

*DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE - Becket - Don Veino 20180914A1 Left diagonal
Neighbors SeeSaw Sashay* w/Partner[Gents back to back to start, can
substitute a diagonal left couple conventional SeeSaw]Gents Allemande Left
1+1/2x, give RH to NeighborA2 Wave/4 across Balance Right & Left,
Slide/Twirl RightWave/4 across Balance Left & Right, Slide/Twirl LeftB1
Neighbor Balance & SwingB2 Gents low LH Balance (L adjust to left), Pull By
& Partner Swing[or Give & Take to Ladies, Partner Swing]*With your Partner
Sashay around your next Neighbors following the path of a SeeSawEnd
effects: Wait out crossed over on left diagonal for SeeSaw*
High Voltage worked well with the target group (mustn't go too far away on
sashay!). The following sibling hasn't been tested and didn't have a name
until your request inspired it... :-) I may be giving this one a go at my
gig tonight.

*(Smells Like) Teen Spirit - Becket - Don Veino 20180914*

A1 Left diagonal Neighbors SeeSaw Sashay w/Partner [to opp these N]
Ring/4 Balance, Twirl/Slide Right

A2 Neighbor Balance & Swing

B1 Long Lines Forward & Back, Star Right 3/4x
[can take right hand with Partner and pull into...]

B2 Partner Dosido & Swing

End effects: Wait out crossed over on left diagonal for SeeSaw

*BTW*, I've found out that "SeeSaw Sashay" is surprisingly hard to say
without practice - sort of a Peter Piper thing. :-)

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Rick Mohr via Callers <