[Callers] Barn dances for teens

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Fri Sep 21 11:31:28 PDT 2018

This one I use fairly frequently at ONS and those small town dances where
you get the big slug of family dancers who need to be sensed out/eased into
an evening of conventional contras.

Clap Happy – Gender Free Longways or Circle – Don Veino

A1
(8 @ 1 beat/move) Clap two hands over (own! 🙂 ) left leg, under left, over
right leg, under right, in front at waist, behind back at waist, in front
again and then two handed “high five” with Partner
(8) Repeat pattern
[Encourage adjustments for mobility issues as required – can clap high/low
instead of over/under leg, etc.]

A2
Partner Right Elbow turn 1x, Left Elbow turn 1x

B1
Facing Circles or Big Oval to your own personal RIGHT (opposite direction
from Partner) and back left
[as a keeper, left is return to Partner – as mixer, go one person past
Partner to next]

B2
(keep or new) Partner Balance & Swing (two-hand, whatever – end in place,
facing P)

Alternative set-ups detail: http://veino.com/blog/?p=2037

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Rick Mohr via Callers <