[Callers] "Second" ONS

jim saxe jim.saxe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:19:15 PDT 2018

Allison,

Thanks for your answers.  They were exactly on target at addressing the spirit of my questions and were quite informative.

Thanks for clarifying that the issue about Mad Scatter was anxiety about not finding new partners, and not about anyone being fixated on some idea like "I want to do the last [set] dance with my favorite partner, darn it!"  I presume the lost and (not?) found issue was largely a result of people making large "blobs".  Not only is it more likely for people in a big blob not to naturally pair up, but it's even possible that someone looking for a partner could more readily grab another leftover person from an adjacent group than find the one on the far side of their own group.  Then the remaining non-partnered people could be quite far apart.  One of them might even give up and sit down.  Etc.  And how could you have even guessed that it might be useful to teach strategies for coping with the situation if you didn't anticipate the big blobs in the first place?

Best of luck with your next dance.

--Jim