[Callers] Oval Petronella - critique please

John Sweeney john at modernjive.com
Wed Oct 17 02:01:00 PDT 2018

Hi Bill,
	I first saw it in The Balanced Diet by Sue Rosen.

	Here's one I wrote after seeing that:
http://contrafusion.co.uk/Dances/SlithyDance.html

	I find it better to Balance Right & Left rather than Forward & Back
(as in a four person Petronella); it sets the momentum up better for the
movement to the right.

	I call it a Sausage rather than an Oval.  Either way, it is
important to get the end couples to join hands and complete the Sausage,
otherwise the end people tend to spin off in random directions.

	The only criticism I would make is that we have way too many dances
already with Swing, Circle Left 3/4, Swing; that's half the dance gone with
one basic sequence.  I always try to find more innovative ways to
transition.

            Happy dancing,
                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362 & 07802