[Callers] Dance logs and record-keeping

Mac Mckeever macmck at ymail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:28:39 PST 2018

This seems to me to be a lot of effort with very little benefit.  There are thousands of dances and each caller has their own approach to programming.  It is rare for a dance to be called two nights in a row.  When I do see that happening I often ask other dancers around me if they remember it - and no one ever has.
How would the next caller get access to this info? The logistics would seem difficult and unnecessary.
I do not even keep track of what dances I have called.  I start off fresh when planning a program.  If I called somewhere and they ask me back next year - no one will notice if a couple dances are the same. It probably means they were really good ones.

I agree that a different band, etc can make the same dance feel very different and that a lot of dances are very similar.  It bothers me more when a caller programs an evening with several dances that all feel the same.
Mac McKeeverSt Louis