[Callers] New dance composition, star to next neighbor hey

John Rogers joda.rogers at icloud.com
Tue Jun 26 19:26:01 PDT 2018

Nathaniel Jack’s “Loon on the Lake” also has this figure in it:
(Becket, progresses left)
A1 8 Circle L 3/4
   8 Neighbor Swing
A2 8 LL F+B
   8 Star L 1x
B1 8 New women 1/2 hay L (men loop right to join, passing partner R)
   8 Women Al L 1x, men walk around clockwise ½ way around to home side
B2 16 Partner Bal + Swing
NJ’s comments:
The second dance I wrote was loon on the lake. It had some flow problems and so there's now a version 2. I don't keep version 1 around anymore, because I don't think it's worth dancing, so make sure you're up to date! The only thing I wish was different is I'd like the orbit to go straight into a swing (with no balance) but 16 beats of swing alone is too much I think.

Sent from my iPad