[Callers] New dance composition, star to next neighbor hey

Michael Dyck jmdyck at ibiblio.org
Mon Jun 25 13:31:45 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-25 04:03 PM, Luke Donforth via Callers wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I ran this at a monthly dance, and it was well received; so I figured I'd
> share it around. To my knowledge it's new. Please correct me if you know of
> a prior.

If you replace the "gyre + swing" with "balance + swing", you get Greg
Frock's "Composition 100".

And if you move the gyre to the start of A1 (so the hey crosses the phrase),
you get one of the variants of Michael Fuerst's "Even Heaven Knows a Hey No-No":
http://aptsg.org/Dance/dances.html#HeavenKnows

But I don't see an exact match.

-Michael