[Callers] hearing impaired

Aahz caller at aahz.ws
Sun Jun 24 06:05:16 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018, bill fischer via Callers wrote:

> does anyone have experience with hearing impaired calling?

I'm deaf with cochlear implants.  I don't really have any general advice
about calling with a hearing impairment (especially because I mostly call
MWSD -- modern western square dancing), but I'm happy to answer specific
questions.

For contra dancing, I half-ignore the caller and just do what the other
dancers are doing.  Usually works well, sometimes causes problems with
complicated figures.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/