[Callers] hearing impaired

Aahz caller at aahz.ws
Sun Jun 24 06:01:41 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, Jen Morgan via Callers wrote:

> - Remember normal hygiene for dealing with folks who may be
> partially or totally lip-reading: nothing in front of your face
> (including stand or handheld radio mics); face the audience.

There's a tradeoff here: a lot of modern microphones want to be right in
front of the lips for best sound, so if you do this, you're trading
better lip-reading for poorer sound quality.  I don't have a good answer
for this other than getting a microphone that's designed for off-axis
work.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/