[Callers] Please ID this dance

Karin Neils kanara at triton.net
Sun Jun 10 17:13:30 PDT 2018

On 6/9/2018 7:41 AM, Mary Collins via Callers wrote:
> I just put this together as i wanted a dance with just right & left
> through. I'm sure somebody already wrote this and I probably have
> it....somewhere...thx in advance.
>
> A1- N bal swg
> A2- R&L thru (courtesy turn) O/B
> B1- in the ring Bal & Petronella 2X
> B2- P swg; pass thru to NN
>
> Thanks everyone.
> Mary Collins

*Beginner dances withR and L thruONLY*

*Road to California*trad

DANCE MOVES ARE THE SAME AS LAMPLIGHTER’S HORNPIPE

*_Proper_*contra

Beg

Music: Road to California – on Ptlnd. Col.CD 3 (don’t have 01 09)

A11^st man and 1^st girl cross over the set to the place below and face
out; all join hands down each line and dancers balance. All turn with
right hand once round and balance in line again.

A2All turn with left hand once round and then 1^st couple meet in the
centre of the set and swing.

B11^st couple down the centre, back and cast round 2^nd couple who move
up [progression]

B2Right and left through

  The Tourist

      By Ted Sannella <http://ted_sannella.html>

Improper contra

        A1Ones go down the outside and back

        A2Ones do si do; all four circle left

        B1balance and swing on the side

        B2half promenade across the set

        half right and left through

**

*After the Solstice*Lisa Geenleaf

Improper

Beginner

A1 (16) DSD Neighbor and Swing

A2 (8) For & Back; (8) Men Allem L 1-1/2

B1 (16) Bal & Swing Partner

B2 (8) 1/2 R&L;(8) Circle L 3/4 pass through

*Root Beer /Float/*

[/Root Beer Reel**/ADAPTED to teach right and left through]

Original dance by Christine Hale
Improper duple minor
Beginner*

*A1*(8) Long lines forward & back
(8) Circle right

*A2*(8) Star left (same direction)
(8) Circle left

*B1*(8) Neighbor do-si-do
(8) Neighbor swing, face across

*B2*(8) RIGHT AND LEFT THROUGH
(8) RIGHT AND LEFT BACK

*Signs of Spring*by Roberta Kogut (March 2003)

Improper

Easy

A1:  Do-Si-Do Neighbor, Swing Neighbor

A2:  Ladies Do-Si-Do, Gents Allemande Left 1½

B1:  Balance and Swing Partner

B2:  Rights & Lefts, Circle Left ¾ and Pass thru up and down

*Washington Quickstep*- Traditional Contra Dance*CAN BE GF*
duple improper

Music: JIGPalm Sunday (jig); Da Full Rigged Ship (Shetland jig)

Tempo: dotted quarter note = Metronome Marking 120

*/Nice dance for learning Actives / COUPLE ONES/*

*/And for practicing being OUT ON THE ENDS/*

A1 Star Right
Star Left
A2 Active couple down the middle
Turn alone, come back, cast off with inactives
B1 Right and Left Through (across set)
Right and Left back
B2 Long lines forward and back
Active couple Swing(end facing down, towards next couple)

*Monday*by Jim Hemphill

Improper

Beg

A1 Neighbor allemande right once and a half
      Men allemande left once and a half
A2 Partner Gypsy,  then swing
B1 Circle left 3 places
      Neighbor swing
B2 Right left thru
      Star left

*Ted Under the Tent*by Glen Morninstar

Improper

Beg

A1Neighbor balance and box the gnat

Neighbor swing

A2Gents cross the set to your partner; swing

B1Right and Left through; over and back

B2Circle Left 1X; twos arch, ones go thru

/When I want to focus on teaching courtesy turns, I begin with Right and
Left Through dances. When I need more than these for our monthly dances,
I look for dances having a full Ladies Chain, then see if the flow of
the dance works with a simple substitution of Rights and Lefts./

/Happy dancing!     Karin/

---