[Callers] Folk Festival - Easy Contra dances to teach Beginners

John Sweeney john at modernjive.com
Wed Jul 25 08:38:56 PDT 2018

Here’s another easy one – my version of J & L, using ideas picked from other callers:

Jefferson & Liberty #27

Contra; Improper

A1:  Circle Left; Star Right

A2:  Star Left; Circle Right – finish where you started

B1:  #1s Dance Down the Outside (6), Turn around (2)

      #1s Dance Back Up the Outside & into the Middle of a Line of Four between the #2s (8)

B2: Down the Hall in Lines of Four (4)

      Backwards Up the Hall in Lines of Four (4)

      #1s Arch, #2s go through the Arch to Face New Neighbours (8)

Note: A1 is 16 steps in one direction, A2 is 16 steps back the other way.  I generally call “Keep Moving” as the prompt half way through each A music.

Use fast, lively music!

            Happy dancing,

                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362 & 07802 940 574