[Callers] Folk Festival - Easy Contra dances to teach Beginners

Lorraine Sutton lorrainesutton7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:48:51 PDT 2018

Hello All,

I am calling a 2 hour Intro to Contra dance ....at an Ontario Canada
Festival. ( more a music focus than a dance focus, at this festival)

I would appreciate hearing from you as to contra dances ( lws proper
& Improper) that you have found successful with very novice dancers and why
you think those dances work for beginners.(I love Larry Jennings definition
of easy vs complicated )

I do plan on doing some non progressive lws as well as a both a circle and
a Sicilian  circle in the program mix , to get the concept of progression.

Thanks so much.

Lorraine Sutton  ( lorrainesutton7 at gmail.com )