[Callers] New dance

Charles chuckabell at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:54:21 PDT 2018

I'm posting a new dance of mine - the hook is a half hey into a long wavy line of gents in the center. Haven't seen it before, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of other dances with this figure. Also, I looked for other dances called the Portland Reel and couldn't find any, but if that name has been used let me know.

Other feedback welcome:

Dugan’s Duck Dynasty (Becket)                                     Chuck Abell 7/18
(aka The Portland Reel)

A1       Half hey, gents pass left to start (8)
Same gents take left hands in center to make long wavy line of gents (4)*
            Gents bal left/right (4)
A2      Gents alle left 1 1/4x (4)
            N swing  (12)

B1       On right diagonal ladies chain to shadow (if someone is there) (8)
            (w/ current N) LHS 1x (8)
B2       P dosido and swing (16)
                                                                        w/ these N…

*Gents be sure to take four full steps/beats to get into the middle