[Callers] Does a 1/2 figure 8 and cast off exist in ECD? In Contra?

Luke Donforth luke.donev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:23:19 PDT 2018

Hi John,

While there isn't a person there for the ladies to go around, I'd
envisioned them looping around as if they were, and using the space and
time to make the move flow. So they'd trace the path of what they'd do with
a half figure eight, without a physical presence of the standard post. That
leaves them better able to come into the meltdown swing. (Although as
others have pointed out, that may work better as a balance and swing
anyway).

If I understand your Bombast figure (a great name!) the action stays very
internal to the space 4 dancers usually take up; whereas the half figure 8
and cast would be more expansive (and thus less adaptable to crowded floor
conditions).

Thank you to all who wrote back with thoughts and feedback! I appreciate
this shared resource.

Take care,
Luke

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 6:00 AM, John Sweeney via Callers <

Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>