[Callers] Looking for suggestions

Dan Black blackjunier at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 07:18:40 PST 2018

Gang,I usually get so much from this message board, it is time for me to provide.  See a rock solid dance below.
 Holiday in the Wood
 Allan Brozek
 Duple improper
 Intermediate to advanced
 Needs moderate tempo due to large number of 4 count figures
| Note:
 This one borrows bits from two of my favorite dances...Slapping the Wood (Don Flaherty) (A1 & B2) and Hudson Holiday (A2 & B1)...hence the title. |

 A1 (8) Do-si-do neighbor couple around couple(8) Swing neighbor A2 (8) Men allemande left 1 & 1/2 to a wave across(4) Balance(4) Turn partner by right 3/4 to a wave along the line B1 (4) Balance(4) Allemande left with shadow(8) Swing partner B2 (8) Circle four 3/4(4) Balance in the circle(4) California twirl

Enjoy all,Dan Black

    On Friday, January 26, 2018, 1:51:20 PM EST, Grant Goodyear via Callers <callers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

 Incidentally, I tend to cheat when I call this dance, although it's one of my favorites. I replace B2 with "Cir lf ¾; bal ring, pass through to new wave". The reason is that the timing in A1 is quite tight, and I tend to call this dance early in my program (often the 3rd or 4th dance of the evening.)

-Grant Goodyear-

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 7:23 AM Bill Olson via Callers <callers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

You Can't Get There From Here  by Carol Ormand (Improper, 10 June 1994)

A1  Balance; allemande Right 3/4 (to long waves, Women facing in);  Balance; allemande Right 3/4 (to waves of four, Men in the middle)

A2  Balance; Neighbors swing

B1  Circle Left 3/4;  Partners swing

B2  Circle Left 3/4;  Neighbors dos a dos 1.5 (to wave of four with the next)

Notes: It begins in a wave of four, with the women in the middle. Title suggestion by John Kraniak.

bill