[Callers] POTD3 - save the date!

POTD2 organizers' conference puttinonthedance at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:25:12 PST 2018

Dear Shared Weight callers,
Please forward the below info to any organizers you know in the Northeast
(or beyond)
Cheers,
POTD3 team

We're thrilled to announce that the Puttin' On the Dance (POTD)
<http://www.puttinonthedance.org>conference returns this year.

*Save the Dates for POTD3!*
*November 30 – December 2, 2018*
*Puttin’ On the Dance 3 : A Conference for Northeast Dance Organizers*
Join us for POTD3 in Portland, Maine.
Learn, connect, dance, and more!

POTD is especially for organizers in Eastern Canada and the Northeastern
United States who produce dance events in the North American and English
social dance traditions (e.g., Cape Breton, community, contra, English
country, family, gender free, Quebecois, and square). Space permitting,
others interested in dance organizing, whether from other regions or those
not currently organizing dances, are also welcome to attend.

POTD is all about:

   - Providing resources and opportunities for learning, sharing, renewal
   and fun!
   - Strengthening our network of dance organizers
   - Practicing traditions together
   - Did we mention having fun?

Lead sponsors include DownEast Friends of the Folk Arts (DEFFA
<http://www.deffa.org>) and Portland Intown Contra Dance (PICD
<http://www.portlandintowncontradance.com>).

*Be in touch!*
Let us know you’re excited, want to help make it happen, and/or anything
else.
Email puttinonthedance at gmail.com or connect with us on Facebook at
facebook.com/PuttinOnTheDance

With excitement and anticipation,
POTD 3 Core Organizers
Dela Murphy
Chrissy Fowler
Coral Breuer

*P.S.  The Back Story:*
In November 2011, Puttin' On the Dance convened nearly 80 dance organizers
in White River Junction, VT.  In March 2015, Puttin' On the Dance 2
convened over 80 dance organizers in Ottawa, ON.

Both POTD1 and POTD2 were packed with workshops, discussions, dancing and
more. Dance communities throughout the region benefited from the weekend
conference in significant ways, and Conference Archives from POTD1
<http://www.puttinonthedance.org/potd1archive/> and POTD2
<http://www.puttinonthedance.org/potd2-conference-notes/> continue to
support dance organizers.  Participants made it clear an event like this
should happen every few years. (See testimonials
<http://www.puttinonthedance.org/testimonials/>.)  It’s time for POTD3!

--
puttinonthedance.org
facebook.com/PuttinOnTheDance