[Callers] Beneficial Tradition

Kalia Kliban kalia.kliban at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 12:49:28 PST 2018

Hi all,

I recently called Beneficial Tradition for the first time and noticed a
consistent hitch in the dance at the top of the set.  It was probably
happening at the bottom too.

I was doing the variant with no wave balance in the A1, just Women
allemande L 1x and P swing.  Though the transition from the pull-bys in
the B2 to that L allemande worked well inside the line, it was always
funky at the ends.  I'm speculating that that's because folks coming out
of the pull-by pattern into empty space at the end were tending to head
in a consistent incorrect direction.

Those of you who have called this dance a lot, have you noticed the same
issue?  How do you teach the B2-A1 transition to minimize the confusion
and end effects?

Kalia

ps Happy New Year, everyone!