[Callers] May the Fourth be with you!

Jonathan Sivier jsivier at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 27 15:43:26 PST 2018

    Here is a dance I got from Down Under Contra by Keith Wood.  I have
only called it once, but it worked pretty well.  I think it needs a
fairly special occasion to work.

Star Wars
Peter Foster
Duple Improper

1 – Right hand star once around
2 – Neighbor swing (on original side)
3 – Circle right 3/4, pass through across the set with partner (pass
     neighbor by left shoulder) to meet a couple from the adjacent set
4 – Left hand star with this couple once around
5 – Right hand star with original couple once around
6 – Partner swing (on gent’s original side)
7 – Ladies chain over to neighbor
8 – Left hand star (finish facing new neighbors)

You need to have more than one set for this dance.  Have the sets close
together so they don’t have to travel too far to meet couples from
adjacent lines and then return home.  Couples on the outside can
allemande left.

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!