[Callers] Double petronella Dance -- Name?

Jack Mitchell jmitchell.nc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 15:08:08 PST 2018

We were dancing this at a weekend, and the sets were reasonably crowded.
As it was, I didn't feel like we were coming dangerously close.  With
inexperienced dancers, I suspect that it would take up rather more room.
As it was, I was doing a fair bit of role switching with my partner, many
of those switches on the pivots, which probably meant we were taking up a
bit more space.  Nonetheless, I never felt like I was too close to the
other gent.  As long as people balance in, *and out*, I think it would be
pretty safe and wouldn't take up significantly more space than a regular
petronella.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:28 AM Tom Hinds <twhinds at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Jack, I'd like to call the dance you just sent but have a question.
>
> How close do the men get to each other as they do the double Pet?
> Since you've danced this, how might it work in a crowded hall?  Might
> the men crash into each other on the spin?
>
> On Feb 10, 2018, at 9:59 PM, Jack Mitchell via Callers wrote:
>

> > Collected this from Vicki Herndon last night at Cabin Fever in
> > Knoxville.  Anyone know the name / author?  It's a really fun dance
> > (and lots of fun to swap roles on).
> >

> > A1  Yearn Left, then straight back
> > R&L Thru
> > A2    Snuggle up to partner (arms around backs like for Star
> > Promenade)
> > As a couple balance, twirl to the right once place (gents go
> > forward, ladies back) End facing up & down
> > Couple balance, twirl to the right
> > B1  Gents pass L Shoulder -- Hey
> > B2  P B&S
> > --