[Callers] Colonial Dances Adapted for ONS?

Jonathan Sivier jsivier at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 10 11:40:10 PST 2018

    I often use Jefferson's Reel (modified from Jefferson and Liberty)
at ONS dances.  I have also used Money in Both Pockets.  This all
assumes the crowd is up to doing duple minor dances, as opposed to whole
set or other formations.

Jefferson's Reel
Dudley Briggs; adapted from Jefferson and Liberty
duple proper or improper; beginner

1 - Circle left
2 - Circle right
3 - Star right
4 - Star left
5 - 1's down the outside
6 - Return to place
7 - Down the hall 4 in line, 1's in the center
8 - All back up, 1's arch joined hands,
     2's duck through the arch to meet new neighbors

    Here is a modified version of Money in Both Pockets that may be OK
for a ONS.

Money in Both Pockets
Orace Johnson
duple proper or improper
Adapted from the chestnut contra

A1 - 1's do-si-do as a couple with 2nd Lady (1-4),
      Circle left 3 hands round (5-8) (1's and 2nd Lady)
A2 - 1's do the same with 2nd man (1-8)
B1 - Down the hall 4 in line, 1's in the center, turn alone (1-4),
      Return and bend the line to a circle (5-8)
B2 - Circle left (1-4),
      Star left (5-8)

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!