[Callers] Looking for "fun" dances

K Panton panton90 at tricolour.queensu.ca
Sun Feb 4 20:21:10 PST 2018

(aside: I love this list! So very helpful)

RE: The Wheel

Bill Olson noted that the dance can be challenging with the ladies in the
outside circle, due to their generally shorter arms.

Given that the promenade is a long 16 beats, Has anyone tried adding a two
hand turn after 12 beats to put the gents on the outside? I wonder if this
is one of the things that Rick Mohr tried while attempting to reduce socket
injuries. ??

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:06:54 +0000
From: Bill Olson <callbill at hotmail.com>

Yeah, That's what I was more thinking of than moderately difficult dances
like Beneficial Tradition.. I like Gene Hubert's circle mixer "the wheel" :

The Wheel, circle mixer by Gene Hubert

A1 Promenade (CCW)(16)
A2 (face partner Gents facing out, Women facing in) join 2 hands with
partner and walk ~8 steps IN (8), join hands in concentric circles and walk
~8 steps back out (8)
B1 all circle LEFT (opposite directions obviously)
B2 *SWING* (nearest person)