[Callers] Looking for "fun" dances

Dale Wilson dale.wilson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 09:44:56 PST 2018

I'll second "Happy as a Cold Pig..." but you have to call it to the right
crowd.  You need people who won't get upset when "everything went wrong but
I still found my partner."  You'll see six people stars, three people
stars,  one person stars! but everyone will be smiling.

Dale

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Jack Mitchell via Callers <

> I really love “Happy as a Cold Pig in Warm Mud by Mike Borshig
>
> Not obviously silly, but much more fun if the dancers allow themselves to
> be silly
>

> A1 N B&S
> A2 gents Alle L 1.5
>       P alle r 1.5 (end facing up / down, partners facing in opposite
> directions)
> B1   Walk forward, make a Left Hand Star (in theory with N, Shadow and one
> other person)
>         LHS 1x
>         P Sw
> B2    Circle L 3/4
>          Ring Balance, CA Twirl
>
> This dance is best when people don't take it too seriously.  Secret is not
> to worry about whether you went the right way for the star -- turn a star
> all the way around and you'll get back to your partner.  Also works if you
> and partner both go the same way (and make a 5 person star).  Challenge
> dancers to make stars with more people.  Come down off the stage and jump
> into the stars yourself.  :-)

> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:30 PM Robert Green via Callers <
>
>> Here is a photo of The Wheel from the original Dizzy Dances
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Bill Olson via Callers <
>> callers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
>>
>> Rick and Mac and all, I also tried various "fixes" like promenading
>> clockwise but like a lot of  times I have tried to "fix" a dance, it gets
>> clunky and I end up going back to the original. Since the "Wheel" is the
>> most fun with a hall packed with dancers, I have settled on calling it only
>> for large crowds when the original "circle up" has the dancers pretty much
>> pushed up against the walls. Then when they get in promenade position, that
>> all loosens up but during the circle lefts the women's arms are saved.
>>

>> bill

There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation,
naming things, and off-by-one errors.