[Callers] Looking for "fun" dances

Jack Mitchell jmitchell.nc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 07:45:55 PST 2018

I really love “Happy as a Cold Pig in Warm Mud by Mike Borshig

Not obviously silly, but much more fun if the dancers allow themselves to
be silly

A1 N B&S
A2 gents Alle L 1.5
      P alle r 1.5 (end facing up / down, partners facing in opposite
directions)
B1   Walk forward, make a Left Hand Star (in theory with N, Shadow and one
other person)
        LHS 1x
        P Sw
B2    Circle L 3/4
         Ring Balance, CA Twirl

This dance is best when people don't take it too seriously.  Secret is not
to worry about whether you went the right way for the star -- turn a star
all the way around and you'll get back to your partner.  Also works if you
and partner both go the same way (and make a 5 person star).  Challenge
dancers to make stars with more people.  Come down off the stage and jump
into the stars yourself.  :-)

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 1:30 PM Robert Green via Callers <

> Here is a photo of The Wheel from the original Dizzy Dances
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Bill Olson via Callers <
>
> Rick and Mac and all, I also tried various "fixes" like promenading
> clockwise but like a lot of  times I have tried to "fix" a dance, it gets
> clunky and I end up going back to the original. Since the "Wheel" is the
> most fun with a hall packed with dancers, I have settled on calling it only
> for large crowds when the original "circle up" has the dancers pretty much
> pushed up against the walls. Then when they get in promenade position, that
> all loosens up but during the circle lefts the women's arms are saved.
>

> bill

Jack Mitchell
Durham, NC