[Callers] For Sale: Complete Caller Wireless Setup with Broadway quality headset mic

William M Loving wmloving at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:42:51 PST 2018

For Sale: Complete caller wireless microphone setup with Broadway quality Countryman e6 microphone. $400 (approx $740 new)

• Countryman e6 "earset" microphone and case
• Spare e6 cable (worth $60)
• Shure PGX1 Body Pack Transmitter
• Shure PGX4 Receiver with power adaptor
• XML Receiver to sound board cable
• Shure carrying case

I used this setup to teach and call contra dance and it allowed me to both walk around while teaching and also occasionally dance while calling. The sound quality of the Countryman e6 mic is superb. Dancers frequently commented on how clear it was and that it was "like you were standing right next to me". The e6 is the same mic you will see performers wearing in professional theater productions.

This is the "directional" version rather than the omni-directional version which I also tested before going with the directional. The directional version allowed me to walk directly in front of the main speakers and continue talking as long as I did not turn my head so that the mic tip was pointed directly at the speaker. Though correct placement near the corner of the mouth is more important with a directional mic, I had no problem with it and was able to dance and call at the same time (at the end of the night when you're down to one short set).

Photos posted publicly on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/wmloving/media_set?set=a.10156761519392192

Will

--