[Callers] dances for Halloween

Karin Neils kanara at triton.net
Sun Aug 19 12:33:03 PDT 2018

Witches' Cauldron by Kirsten Koths is a favorite of mine - Becket
Sicilian Mixer - easy moves for the inclusion of beginners, and a very
unusual progression (see Notes at
<http://www.quiteapair.us/calling/acdol/dance/acd_184.html>) to keep the
experienced dancers entertained. I do _not_ recommend it if you have
more than 20% beginners on the floor.The tune *OLD GREY CAT*’s a VERY
GOOD MATCHin rhythm and mood.  I've had fun introducing it with a witchy
chant:

/Double, double, toil and trouble; fire burn, and cauldron bubble!/

/Come and stir my pot with me. Bring a partner; come and see!/

When we dance *Witches’ Cauldron*, we’ll be stirring the pot this way
and that; things will bubble up; there’ll be eddies and lumps.

Karin

//

/
/