[Callers] Demolition Derby, a 4 Face 4 of dubious do-ability?

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Fri Aug 17 23:22:47 PDT 2018

Earlier today, I resurrected a draft dance from (almost exactly) this time
last year which I'd put aside as probably being too crazy. In looking at it
again, I started wondering if it is... too crazy... and wrote up a more
specific description to get it across to others. The magnet people show me
it works, but they don't say much about how it felt. :-)

As I'm still up due to the caffeine I drank to drive home after a gig
tonight, I thought I'd type this up and throw it out there for input. Is it
too crazy? How would you teach the A2 if you attempted it?

Thanks,
Don

Demolition Derby (DRAFT) - 4 Face 4 - Don Veino 20170823 (updated
description 20180817)

[starts in lines/4, so G1, L1, G2, L2]

A1 Give & Take up/down to Gents (opposites Swing) [ends in line/4 facing
up/down: G1, OpL2, G2, OpL1]

A2 "Crazy Eights" [Fig 8 in current lines/4 done a la a Mad Robin - all
trace path of a figure 8, equidistant rel. to Partner, whom you face
up/down in the other line/4]:
(3,1 or 4) Mad Robin CW 1/2x around opposite N you swung [G thru center
first], OpL1 pass in front of G1 in middle to swap ends [to OpL2, OpL1, G1,
G2]
(3,1 or 4) All Pass Same Role Trail Buddy in Fig 8 arc (same arc, but
opposite dir.) to trade places [G1 and OpL1 take outside path - "insides
out"], OpL2 pass in front of G2 in middle to swap ends [to OpL1, G2, OpL2,
G1]
(3,1 or 4) Mad Robin CCW 1/2x around opposite N [G thru center first], OpL1
pass in front of G1 in middle to swap ends [to G2, G1, OpL1, OpL2]
(3,1 or 4) All Pass Same Role Trail Buddy in Fig 8 arc (same arc, opposite
dir.) to trade places [G1 and OpL1 take outside path - "insides out"], OpL2
pass in front of G2 in middle to swap ends [to end in same positions as
start of A2: G1, OpL2, G2, OpL1]

B1 w/Opposites Circle/4 Left 3/4x to (face & Pass Partner Right to start)
Weave the Ring/8 1/2x

B2 Partner Balance (or Gypsy) and Swing, face progression

BTW, it was this dance idea that fed what became another related dance on
my site, Wild Mouse: http://veino.com/blog/?p=1879 . Neither of these have
I dared to attempt to date.