[Callers] Glossary dances with promenade, no chain/RL through?

Alan Winston winston at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 13 12:10:25 PDT 2018

Here's one of mine.  Low piece count, promenade to chain is good flow.
(I never totally love the "chain, look for new neighbors" because you
either have to bail out of the courtesy turn to face new neighbor or
complete the turn (now facing partner) and turn away to new neighbor,
but it's common enough that it works.

I think this really is easy enough for your busload  of beginners.  Low
piece count, don't have to identify  the neighbor who's dancing with
your partner (like many oval dances).  It does have a chain; sorry about
that.

CLAIRE'S REQUEST
Alan Winston 11/17/2017

Form:IC Fig:NB&S;OvalL&R;BTR,PS;Prom,WC:

A1: Neighbor balance and swing
A2: Big Oval left and right
B1: 1-2: With hands, balance ring in original foursome
          (keep the hand you've got with neighbor and take the free hand
with your
           partner)
     3-8: Ravens/ladies draw Partners to their side for a swing.
B2: 1-4: Partners promenade to gents/larks side
     5-8: Ladies/Ravens chain to current neighbor, look for new neighbor

            [But if you really don't want a chain even in the good flow
from promenade situation, ladies/ravens allemand R 1.5 to new neighbor,
which may be preferable given the courtesy turn problem mentioned above]

-- Alan

]