[Callers] Contras with square dance figures

Andy Shore square.a.shore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:24:21 PDT 2018

As someone who came to contra from MWSD, here's my list of things that come
from MWSD or have that feel:

box circulate
pass the ocean (especially with no balances, especially followed by Swing
Thru)
square thru (with no balances) Chris Page's Square Route comes to mind
box the gnat (& swat the flea)
star thru
california twirl
do-si-do 1.25 to a wave
cross trail thru (aka cross trails)
hinge (as in Chris Page's Serendipity, Bob Isaacs' Hinge Binge)

all 8 circulate (Bob Isaacs' 4x4 "Circulate Eight")

Hope that helps!
/Andy Shore

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 12:51 PM, Rachel Shapiro via Callers <

> Hi all,
> I'm in search of contras that have borrowed interesting figures from
> traditional and modern western square dances. Do you have any favorites
> you're willing to share? I've got Rang Tang Contra and some dances with
> Dixie Twirls. Lots with Box the Gnat and Swat the Flea. Any others you love?
> Thank you!
> Rachel Shapiro Wallace

/Andy Shore
http://andyshore.com/