[Callers] Contras with square dance figures

Michael Barraclough michael at michaelbarraclough.com
Sat Aug 4 15:19:00 PDT 2018

Here's a 4-facing-4 I wrote way back in the 1970s. Given when it was
written and the fact it was written in the UK it doesn't have a swing!!

PLAZA REEL

A1    1-4    Lines forward & back, ladies half-sashay at the end
          5-8    Lines forward & back, men half-sashay at the end

A2    1-8    Dip and dive around the set (couples at the right hand end
of each line arch first)

B1    1-8    Four ladies chain (over & back)

B2    1-4    Couples forward & back
          5-8    (In fours, men holding onto partner and linking left
arms) couples wheel round each other (ccw) 1½ to progress

Michael Barraclough

www.michaelbarraclough.com